Smartphones and tablets have taken over web browsing! The same visitors that used to find your website on their desktop computers now stand in line at the grocery store, sit on the couch watching TV, and sip their coffee in cafes searching for information. Layout and content on your website need to be user-friendly on mobile platforms. Visitors don’t want to use their fingers to pinch and pull on your website so they can zoom in to read your tiny text.
With a responsive site, webpages adjust seamlessly to the size of any device. No hassle for you to create multiple website versions and no hassle for your website visitor. That’s why you need a responsive website design.
As if you want more motivation than ease for everyone involved, here are eight reasons why you must convert to a responsive website design if you haven’t already:
- Google says so! Google favors responsive websites and will boost your site in organic search results when you convert to a responsive design.
- Your website needs to cater to a tech-savvy generation. More than 55% of your website visitors access your site from a mobile device. And that number will continue to grow.
- Positive user experience is a must.According to Google’s Think Insights on mobile, if a user lands on your mobile website and is frustrated or doesn’t see what they are looking for, there’s a 61% chance they will leave immediately and go to another website (most likely a competitor). It’s also said that if they have a positive experience with your mobile website, a user is 67% more likely to buy a product or use a service.
- Your site has been up and left it – Load times are better with responsive websites. Without a responsive design, you could lose up to 50% of your traffic!
- Responsive websites decrease bounce rates (i.e. your potential customers will stick around longer). Format translation from desktop to smartphone or tablet could be unsightly for visitors without using responsive technology.
- Responsive platforms make visitors happy! A recent study showed click-through-rates increase 21-24% with a responsive site as compared to traditional or mobile versions.
- Good Customer User Experience. A well put together responsive web design is the simplest way for users to interact and funnel through a website. Not having a responsive site does not create an optimal user-friendly experience. Most likely that person will leave the site never to return again.Google takes those bounce rate metrics into account in 1 of their 200 ranking factors. So you want to give the user the best UX design possible to help lower your bounce rate and provide the best calls to actions.Users should have a seamless experience when navigating through the site and you will easily find things whichever device you decide to use. They need to be able to read text, fill out forms, and get to the content they want to see without any frustrations on your site.If a user has a positive experience on your responsive site, they are more likely to stay, not bounce back to the search results, and convert into a Registration, buying customer or lead.To stay ahead of the competition, you need to stay ahead of the game. If more and more users are using their mobiles devices to search and make purchase online, you will need to cater to this audience by creating a mobile-friendly site, like a responsive design. It is becoming the go-to format for web design companies and quickly gaining popularity.
OSI will provide a FREE consultation regarding your responsive website conversion! We will outperform your current company and provide you with stellar digital marketing.